It’s no secret that the use of video in content marketing is on the rise. And, it’s certainly not a tactic to be taken lightly. YouTube is now the second-largest search engine on the web.
Still, a lot of companies don't do a lot with video. While others at the same time take advantage of it. In this blog I share 21 facts about why you should start with video marketing today 📹 + one tip that everyone always forgets.
Video Marketing Volume Facts
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
- Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day (via Forbes).
Mobile Video Marketing Facts
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
Video Marketing Engagement Facts
- 💡51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 💡Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined. (Read this blog to increase you engagement x10 with one simple trick).
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- 😧84% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
- Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links.
- 😧The average conversion rate for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
- 💡Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors.
- 💡Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- 😧Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
- By 2022, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
TIP: The Most Forgotten Thing When Posting Videos On Social Media
As you have seen video marketing outperforms any other type of content. Before publishing make sure you've added subtitles to your video. A lot of people forget this and this is stupid for many reasons. 84% of the people watch videos without sound, click here for more reasons why you need to subtitle your videos.
VidProve automatically subtitles your videos within minutes. Easily make adjustments to the subtitles, to make sure your video is 100% on point. Go to Vidprove.com and check it out.